View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Society, Intuition and Logic

[ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by intuition exactly?

If you mean quick, fast thinking then we need that. We're biological computers in more need of quick'n'dirty than we are in need of continous quality. 'Snake! AH! BAD!' , 'Sugar....mmmm...'.

Being somewhat right most of the time is more than good enough for much of life purposes. But when you dwelve into the abstract knowledge models it won't cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite honestly I'm not sure what I mean by intuition anymore. There may be multiple levels to it. I found the myers-brigg personality thing interesting. I think I'm in the intuitive category and a lot of the folks on here are sensory so that's why everyone likes to joust with me. En garde! Hopefully you don't kill me or make me fly the coop before learning something.

A lot of mathematical, scientific people would probably be likely to be more prone to sensing than intuitive so what I say would come across as illogical to them especially in this type of linear internet format.

As I'm doing this thread I keep having this thought of a friend who visited London/Wales and toured Windsor Castle. They told me that the English thought of themselves as more intelligent than the Welsh, but they considered the Welsh to be more intuitive. There could definitely be genetic links to aspects of personality and personality and intelligence are bound to related in ways that we are just beginning to understand.