View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: ***Official 2007-2008 MLB Offseason Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
So you discount BA when I used it at one point, then use it yourself to try and discredit another one of my other arguments. Which is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. You used BA and, to a lesser extent, HRs to tell the whole story of how Richar was good. That's why I laughed at you. The comment in my last post was further poking fun at you for saying how his strikeout-to-walk ratio supported his BA and even THROWING IN HIS MLB STRIKEOUT-TO-WALK RATIO to support that statement when he was horrible in the majors and had a supremely low BA. Hence you're inconsistent and make little sense = I poke fun and don't take you seriously. If you're actually knowledgable and stuff I have no problem taking you seriously and having an actual debate.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, his BABIP was .240. That's why his BA was .230 last year. When his BABIP normalizes over a full season, you're looking at a .280, maybe even .300 hitter. So again, that's more hits and walks over a full season than Uribe, with the same number of HR.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's his LD%? That will let you find his expected BABIP... He isn't a pitcher, dude.

[ QUOTE ]
My focus on player analysis tends to be strictly from a fantasy baseball perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately this isn't fantasy baseball.

Even in fantasy baseball, though, Richar blows chunks and at best will be a platoon player when he's at home.