View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: What do you want/where do you want to live when you are retired?

Chaos, cool post. Your sounds pretty nice. The boat may be a bit much, lol.

Mine would probably be pretty similar.

I'd love to have something in Colorado...either a quaint mountain cabin, or a ranch. I'm not really a rancher, or redneck or anything, but the idea of owning a decent chunk of land with a pond and maybe ATV's and horses or something sounds pretty nice.

The quaint log cabin in the Rockies should need no qualifier. I'd like to be able to work on my house upgrading it and whatnot. I'd probably own like you say, an oldish truck. I don't think I'll own great cars.

I may even like to own a smallish shop in-town somewhere and let some yound people run it and make some money just to be a nice guy.

I'd like to hopefully be healthy enough to volunteer my body, or at least donate some money to some good causes.

I'd like to take 3-4 cruises a year and obviously travel all over the world. I would like to have a cigar room in my house and a nice wine collection, as well as a well-stocked, and eclectic library. One of these rooms I would like a nice, large acquarium perhaps.

I think I can get there! For the last 3 years my fiance and I have saved 50% of our gross income. We are really stingy. We try not to blow money on stupid crap we don't need - unlike many fellow Americans who will wake up at 50 and go "ZOMG WE OWN NOTHING WTF YO!?!? WHERES THE GUMMINT TO TAKE CARE OF ME!?!?!"