View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: AQ unimproved HU OOP - how far to go?

It's hard to know how to help here except to aska few questions that I would be asking myself during this hand.

Preflop why did we raise? On the one hand we have 2 limpers and probably have the best hand but AQo is kind of vulnerable so I guess its OK as a value raise but I don't fall in love with AQ either. On balance preflop raise is OK I think.

Flop. Why are we leading? Not because we improved our hand. The only reason we can lead here is to try to represnt our hand as strong and get villain(s) to fold + the possibility we may hit later in the hand and win the pot. On balance an OK c-bet for me. The raise however changes the picture. What are our reads on this player? None. What do we think a typical player at this level would be holding to raise our c-bet? Should we raise? Why or why not? Should we call. Why or why not? There really is a question about calling the flop raise. If we think the only card Button will raise with is a 4 we can't call here. If we think he raises with a 2 we can. If we think he is bluff raising (very unlikely IMO) that changes the picture considerably. I could defininely fold to the flop raise and not give a care about "metagame"

Turn- We are in worse shape now. Total brick for us but maybe not for villain. I c/f the turn.

River as played. I check/fold.

IMO we put in 2-2.5 bets too many here.