View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Cash game VS SnG

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I use online play as my experimenting ground for betting patterns and such. I tend to play certain games to beef up the online bankroll up and others to try to learn something new about player tendancies. My most serious poker is live because that is where my buyins are larger and where my edge is much better. Online you can see so many more hands per hour and test ideas out more thuroughly in a shorter period of time. Also, it's hard to get short handed live time in, there are only so many tourny's you can get into. Online, I can work on my headup game for hours if I like. And yes, I think this practice has made me much better live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Dave. That reminds me that I need to work more on short table play. I find difficulty in the adjustments from full tables to shorthanded play.

[ QUOTE ]
Professional No limit Hold'em is an excellent book. It's helped me immensely.

[/ QUOTE ]

This book, specifically the SPR and how to plan a hand, has helped me in both areas. It has allowed me to better maximize my hands, which was a part of my game that was in dire need of improvement.