View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Dene Tribe\'s Poker Tournament Evaluation System is a Rip-Off

[ QUOTE ]
The revelation of my book is that fast poker tournaments are not crap shoots

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct

[ QUOTE ]
but highly valuable for players who adjust their tournament strategy according to the structure of the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

but for the wrong reason.

Fast structure tournament give a large advantage to players who understand low M poker. M is very useful as a tool for quickly estimating pot odds in various situations.

The use you and Dene Tribe put M to seems to me to be fairly obvious anyway and rather missing the point.

[ QUOTE ]
<=5 No Stack Lottery No Skill: This type of tournament will proceed very rapidly and those who receive the best cards will prevail with little regard for tactics.

[/ QUOTE ]

This quote from Dene Tribe’s article is just wrong. “No Skill” is just an exaggeration that is going to confuse people. Further his article seems to overlook the fact that faster tournaments are quicker than slow ones. You should not compare one fast tournament with one slow one, but rather several fast ones with one slow one. Once you make this adjustment I think you find fast tournaments have a lower variance as measured against time and are almost as profitable although not necessarily for the same people.