View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
As previously mentioned, in order to protect the integrity of this investigation and those in the future, we will not be releasing the evidence in this case. We can tell you that during the course of the investigation we reviewed and assessed detailed hand histories and playing patterns to come to our final decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is anyone else bothered by this? If SillySal was in fact guilty of using bots, then FTP's sanction was certainly appropriate. But not disclosing the evidence??

I can see how they may not want to reveal how they can detect bots, or else the people who use them may plug those holes, but not disclosing the evidence, or anything else about the investigation, really evokes images of the Star Chamber.

There needs to be some kind of appeal process or an independent review. Perhaps the aggrieved party and FTP could agree upon an trusted third party, and split the costs of reviewing the evidence and issuing a report, while being sworn to secrecy?

I'm conflicted by situations like this - bots need to be stomped on to preserve the integrity of poker, but there needs to be some due process and an independent review, not faceless security personnel condemning people behind the scenes.

Carl.