View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Pedophile that hasn\'t acted yet. Legal action?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If a pedophile hasn't done anything to act on his impulses, he should not only not be punished, but he should be deeply admired.

I don't think pedophiles have any more control over who they are attracted to than gay people do...they are probably born that way. How could you possibly punish someone for how they are born?

Pedophiles do bear a particularly heavy burden in society of having no way to have a fulfilling sexual life without committing acts that are criminal and deeply harmful. I can't imagine what this would be like. Nevertheless, it is a burden they must bear without acting on their impulses. Those who fail should be severely punished, but those who succeed in putting aside their desires and leading a normal life should be lauded.

However, this guy has destroyed any sympathy I might have for him with the content of his website. If he has instead (for example) set up a website describing his struggles to deal with pedophilia within the confines of acceptable society, I would feel much differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But I'm still not big on prosecution for thinking.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. the guy is doing nothing illegal. He's creeping me out, but that is not a crime.