Thread: Sleeping Habits
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Sleeping Habits

one word... Ambien.

Ive always had extremely messed up sleep sched. problems.
If left to my own devices, i sleep for about 12 hours, then stay awake for 24+ hours.
Naturally, that did not fit in with work and life, so ive had lots of issues with being late to school, work, even events that i enjoy because of it.

Later in my life, i have found some solutions to my problem.
One being a job where i work 12 hour shifts at night. i stay awake for several hours, and sleep when im tired. works out nicely.

But how does that help you?
ok back to the beginning of my post, for when i cant sleep, and i really need to be up on time the next morning, i take ambien.
Best sleep med ever created, can fall asleep very quickly, be up in 5 hours and not feel hung over.

go to your doctor, tell him you cant sleep, you have taken ambien before and it works great.

sure its not the healthiest choice, but it sure works well. and its the american way. (just take a pill)

one word of advice though. dont take the meds while still playing poker. it can sneak up on you, and you can end up doing some reckless plays before you actually fall asleep. The icing on the cake is you dont remember what you did. Ive been quite suprised when checking my account the next day. Seems i actually play quite well when on ambien, i just dont remember it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-hyp