View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: My Thoughts on Poker (long but good)

Okay so I'm bumping this because of that vers blackize drama in the STTF censored thread.

Basically they got into a discussion about leaks. and I posted
Not being a dick but basically all sng players playing below the 215s have very big leaks.

In response to this ditch digger wrote
Making huge generalizations like this makes you look really dumb.

Now I disagree because I think that basically every poker player in the world has big leaks. Even amazing players like Jman and durrr and aba probably have pretty big leaks in their tournament game. To the same degree people like Bigjoe probably have pretty big leaks in their cashgames. Even talking about specific games like sngs or cashgames. Those guys are all incredible but they still have leaks i.e. they do not play perfectly.

The size of these leaks vary greatly but the smaller the leaks are the harder they are to plug. An example is if someone learned how to skate originally it would take them like a minute to skate 10 meters. As they got better it would increase significantly until they could do it in a second. But to move from 1 second to 0.95 seconds would take a ton of work and it would be very difficult.

The point I'm making is that everyone has leaks so their is no point in acting like you do not have them. Instead everyone should constantly work on improving their game and plugging their leaks. Instead of worrying stuff like variance, bad players running hot and making lots of money, etc.. just worry about your game, your decisions and put yourself in the best position to make as much money as possible.