View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Hands to choose to play against AAxx?

If the stacks are deep enough, just about anything.

In general I'd like anything that's not a pair and doesn't use an ace to complete it (ie. prefer 9876 over QJT9)

I like rundowns (9876, 9875, T986, etc), an ace suited with 3 connecting (A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]76, or with 1-gap: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]87). Even a hand like J975 can do very well with sufficient dead money in the pot. Clearly suited and double-suited increase the chances that I'll play. (example stolen from Rolf Slotboom: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is a 53:47 underdog to 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

And if I'm fairly sure villain has AAxx, I don't mind playing OOP if I can get all my money in on the flop.

And to add to what a poster before me wrote...if I can get AI with an 9876ds-type hand against multiple players (both with AAxx or AAxx vs. KKxx), I love it.