View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: 11 year old thread

El D,

As father, I'm sure my line is different from the average 19 year old poster in BBV4L. As attested by my posting history, I am not prudish regarding things of a sexual nature; however, I really can't find anything redeeming in sexualizing a 10 year old girl.

To answer your question, I think the line is crossed when you are making the subject of the picture into a sexual object. None of your examples meet that definition, though I'm sure that some posters would find a way to cross the line within the contexts you provided.

For instance, someone posting vacation pictures of their kids is perfectly acceptable. Posters commenting on how cute the kids are is fine. A funny non-sexual MSPaint is fine. NOS1NOS2 MSPainting Grimstar performing a sex act with one of kids crosses the line.

Posting a picture of a random 9 year old girl soaked on an amusement park water ride with the caption "I'd hit it" or similar is over the line.

Posting a picture of Jon Benet Ramsey and railing against kids being in beauty pagents is fine.

I recently noticed the 'pedobear gifs' and find them distasteful, but I admit I don't know enough of the back story to know whether they are anything worse than unfunny.