View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop

1) A lot of people talk about playing tight early and don't try to steal blinds when they are this small. What do you think about blind stealing at this level? Would you do it and if so under what conditions?

I don't think its so much blind stealing as speculative play with position and fun cards that can make big hands. Early in the tourney is the best time to play these hands due to the cost of entering the pot vs. implied odds. This is especially usefull if you know how to use position to your advanatage.
I like the raise vs. the limp here as it buys the button and gives more credence to a cont bet if we whiff the flop. If we hit, we already have a larger pot to build on. Plus it has cut down the opponents, so we don't *really* have to worry about wierd hands getting lucky. All kinds of good things happen when you raise.

2) What's your decision on the flop? Do you check or bet (and if so, how much)?

Bet the flop about 3/4 pot because I bet there 95% of the time.

3) What's your plan on the turn (if any) based on your decision on the flop, the villain's action, and what card comes?

If flat called and the turn bricks, and I am checked to I probably bet again, if some card comes that makes more than one draw I may check, planning to call a reasonable bet on the river

4) Any other thoughts at this point?

I really hope the 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes off the deck next. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regards,
Woodguy