View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

SC winninig a defensive battle with UGA, impressive. Go SOS!
Helps the Gators out a lot but that's going to be a tough game in Columbia.

UK didn't look good.
I saw Bama owning early, what happened only 24-10?
UT didn't play well again.
Auburn not looking very good vs USF.
LSU looks sick.

Gator recap:
Offense was unstoppable considering all Troy did was drop their LBs & safeties deep every single play. I think they blitzed once the whole game so our offensive output in the first half was very impressive. We just sliced & diced across the middle with Ingram, Moore running, Tebow running/passing, Percy running, Louis Murphy had a monster game receiving. All of this despite totally keeping it close to the vest for UT.

Special teams looks like one of the best in the nation, a block, a guy who can make field goals, and Brandon James(back from suspension) with a sick return like 4 times.

I was VERY impressed with the D in the first half. Troy can play a bit of offense & just dinked & dunked it all game but we absolutely hit hard & played well. The second half looks bad on the scoreboard but the 2 TDs & a FG were on second team defense, one being when Chris Rainey fumbled a kickoff return and set it up deep for Troy.

Doe & Spikes are amazing at LB, we're faster than Siler & Everett last year by far. What is worrisome is the lack of pressure we are getting up front. I think we're moving away from our experienced players & going young, Dunlap, Trattou & Torrey Davis played along the DL. Trattou had the play of the game knocking down a pass at the line to himself for an INT.

I think the corners played fine & we just look a step slow t safety reacting but we only gave up big plays with our second team defense.