View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: A few hilo hands

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

in hand 1, can we discuss sixth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much either he has the flush or we're ahead, and there's not any reason to believe he does have the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]badugi, i disagree, two pair should be in Jdags range as a high %.

[ QUOTE ]
Our range has a lot of things in it bare jacks beat, and he doesn't want to give a free card in case we have something like Tx clubs or two baby diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh, the premise sounds right. but once blumpkin raises sixth w/one pair, shouldn't that fold out bare jacks but not two pairs or better? meaning, a raise would be negatively convex. i'm trying to think in terms of the sklansky's fundamental theorem. If we knew Jdags held one pair of jacks on sixth, would it be correct for blumpkin to raise for value with the info that Jdags would probably fold one pair most of the time? or better off smooth calling and letting jdags check/call a baby two pair on the river if we improve to kings up?

the last scenario would be, if blumpkin called sixth and didn't improve, how would he handle a river bet by Jdags?

my opinions is that jdags will bet the river if he has either a big high hand or a rivered low...mix in the % of times he'll bet a lone pair of jacks as a bluff. the other times, he'll check to us with unimproved jacks or two pair or better. the very small minority of the time, he will value bet two pair but i find that instance rare in the scope of full ring stud8.

my main question is how to handle the river if there was no raise on sixth to get info.