View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Are ANY two cards mathematically playable with huge pot odds?

I was in a hand tonight playing live that is kinda the same thing, except i was up 600 dollars and elected to fold because i was about to leave n didnt wanna get trapped in a pot, but would of won alOt, heres the hand....
I was in the BB in a 5-5 game with about 1k in front of me. Sum 1 straddles to 10, and EVERYONE except one person calls, now its 5 dollars to me with J6 off, and im fairly certain the straddler isnt gonna raise, i elect to fold, get up from the table and cash out. Turns out the flop comes J 6 5 rainbow. one guy goes all in for 150 and one guy calls 150 and has about 100 behind so if i was inthe pot i woudla pushed him all in. Sum1 had J10 n one guy was open ended. Anyway the turn was a 6 n iwoulda won a big pot. If i was planning on staying at the table i would of def called the 5 dollars. Not really sure how this helps answer ur question, but it does point out that people make decisions at the table for all sorts of reasons, no just odds, implied odds and these typed of things, sumthing to think about