View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: PLO8 $22 MTT on Stars...

I just hated calling here, because even though I have position on the villian he WILL bet pot into me on the flop no matter what comes...He did it on a flop of J96, 2 spades when I had A982ds...I really, really thought he was making a move, but I didn't have spades and if he did with a Jack I'd be in horrible shape...

BBart's logic here was kinda what I was going with...What do I do with a flop of 84T? I can't call a continuation bet that the villian makes with my hand...I most likely would call his continuation bet on a J95 flop and probably would reraise him there...

I really think that the decision here is to reraise or fold...I think folding is just waaaaaaaaaay to weak against this particular opponent and given the blinds play which was very, very, very, very tight...And like I said even if he does call I wanted him to see that I'm willing to make him play for his entire stack with a "marginal" hand, which I would hope would slow him down a little bit because with him always having action before me I couldn't be as aggressive as I wanted...

I'm definitely not saying I'm correct here, I think there are merits in reraising or folding but I think that calling (while not a horrible play) is the 3rd option...I asked the guy if I woulda made him laydown a non-premium hand but he never responded...If I couldn't get him to laydown then folding becomes the better play IMHO...