View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: $4k Guaranteed: Weird limp behind, then reraise. Wtf is this?

[ QUOTE ]
At the time I thought it was less likely a total steal and more likely a small-medium pair (limps behind for set value, then sees a raise that kills set value and figures they can re-raise for fold equity/possibly coinflip if it gets all-in). I don't know if that's an incredibly common thing though, just a guess

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my initial thought too. Anything from 99 or TT down. After cutoff folds he puts you on two high cards and rightfully believes he can take it down now or at a minimum push SB out and flip with you. Not sure what your raising range is here, but in this position I'd probably tank for a bit, say "wtf - this looks fishy," and push anything I was willing to raise. If you've got a pair 99 or higher he's likely crushed. If you've got 2 high cards there is too much dead money not jump at the chance to flip. Given the size of the re-raise you're pretty committed to seeing all 5 cards so get it in now. If you're making a punish the limpers move with medium suited connectors or the like then you've been caught and can let it go.