View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 06:14 AM

Default 400NLHUCASH two pair hand on a straight flush board

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($445)
Button ($484.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $8.

Flop: ($24) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $60</font>, Button calls $46.

Turn: ($144) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $120</font>, Button calls $120.

River: ($384) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $253 (All-In)</font>,

Villain seems a solid player, he is waiting on multiple tables, but right now I might be his only opponent. He is a solid player, I don't think he is making many moves. I think I overplayed the hand and that I should just c/f turn. When he called on the turn, I was really afraid he caught a flush, but I guess I played with so many superaggressive villains like me in the past days that I couldn't believe he wouldn't move in with a flush draw on the flop. I was more worried about the straight. I pushed because I figured if he has like a lone 9, he will call but not bet and that I would call his river bet if he bets. The way I played the hand was idiotic.

I seriously think c/f turn is the best line here even though it may seem weak tight.