View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: PNL Study Group Day 8: The REM Process - \"Equity\", \"Maximize\", \"RIA\"

Narrowing an opponents range of hands is brutal in uNL, especially if you are being very diligent about table selection. Tighter players aren't too bad, especially if they make at least a little sense in when they choose to be aggressive, but even they seem to regularly make just weird moves that you leave you rubbing your temples when it gets to showdown. My problems are with the loose/passive players who either call with bottom pair+ but only raise with the nuts/near nuts or the loose/aggresive Gus Hansen wannabes who seem absolutely intent on trying to bluff you off of every single pot and get more persistent at it the more aggressive you get with them. I find myself constantly unable to get any decent idea of what they have except for rare instances (Mr. Calling Station with a PF aggression of 0.6 check-raises the paired flop, Mr. HyperLag check-calls the TJA flop). Can anyone give me some help on how to get a read on theses guys?