View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Look into my oppoenants soul and tell me what he holds

Can my opponent have anything other than flush?

This was a hand that I really thought nothing about untill I discussed it w/another 2p2er. He had some interesting thoughts on it and I'm starting to be inclined to agree. Folding this river is not something I would do routinely, just against this specific player or type of player, in this particular hand.

My opponent is a multitabling TAG 27/21 and plays pretty strait foward. I haven't noticed anything spectacular outta him or anything odd. He might even be on of you guys.

Villain open raises in sb, I defend my bb w/JTo

Flop Q89 2 diamonds

Villain bets, I call

Turn offsuit brick

Villain bets, I raise, villain calls

River 6d

I bet villain c/r's I yell and scream at the computer and call like the showdown monkey I am.

So read villains hand. What can he possibly have aside from a flush? No other hand makes sense

Flush - makes perfect sense and is comletely sensible with his play.

1 pair - Never c/r's here b/c he's gotta be afraid of a number of things

2 pair - he's gotta be scared from the turn raise and that river is the worst card for him to c/r

Set - Set would def 3 bet the turn or check call the river. No reason for him to c/r the river w/a set, unless its 66. But 66 has no business calling the turn raise and is unlikely to have made it to the river against this guy

Strait - If he's got JT he'd prolly 3bet the turn. If he doesn't c/r the turn, only explanation is for him to c/r a non diamond board. When the diamond hits, isn't it very unlikely he c/r's here? He'd def c/c.

Air - This is the only hand that makes sense for villain to hold that I beat. Do we think he has AJ or some missed draw often enough to bluff c/r the river? Seems like a bad spot to try it in a protected pot.

So what does he have? Can I fold this river