Thread: Losing streak
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Losing streak

I never discount bad play. I think it's possible I have been trying too hard to be tricky, but unlikely. I'd say, 300PTBB or so are from getting it all in with hands that have a 3-1 or 4-1 favorite and losing. Also, I really don't think that I've become too perdictable...possible, but, one thing that's happened is, from time to time, if I flop a 12-15 out draw I'll push all in against the person who leads the flop. I don't do this very often, but every time I did that this week and last I ran into a set and did not catch (maybe 5 times).

And I've tried standard betsize, proportional betsize, randomly chosen betsize (within limits) and...bluffs have just gotten called, semibluffs raised and solid hands folded to. Way more than usual.

One mistake I think I've made more than a couple times is, when playing against a LAG with a good hand like AQ, I've put a lot of money in and then ended up folding. Just a bad plan, if I feel vulnerable.

I think I'm going to drop down to $25 and switch back to Bodog for a while (at $50 mostly). I think another thing is, I have, for the longest time, played 2-3 pl/nl tables my other 1-2 pl omaha or 7stud, sometimes 1-2 pl/nl holdem and 2-3 omaha/studs. Unfortunately UB doesn't offer omaha or stud, particularly stud, to my liking, the games are rare and aren't very good (weak tight pl omaha is a strange bird). I would only play stud if it were possible to play 4 tables without having a seizure (not literally).

I'm also going to bring back the 90min max session w/o break alarm. Worked for me before.