View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: An Unprecedented Time: Teenagers and Poker

[ QUOTE ]
Very interesting thread.
I myself am a 20 year old poker player in my sophomore year of college. Last year I made 100k after taxes and this year I have made 300k so far. I love the position I'm in, but it can be a confusing one. I know I could make plenty more if I just dropped out and concentrated on poker. I am not one of those guys that Loves the game though. Sure I like it and it can be pretty fun, but the grind can get old, and I'm mainly in it for the money.

I love college and have alot of fun here but getting good grades while having 10k nightly swings can be difficult.

I think the main reason I'm in college is I dn what I'd want to do if I quit. Tons of my friends are here, I love going out and partying like a normal college student. If I didn't have college I imagine being very bored a large portion of the day.

I am just scared my mediocore grades aren't going to get me a job paying the kind of money I will like out of college. Pretty tough decision that I've thought alot about..

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly 100% the way I felt in college. This post was exactly me 2 years ago, scary in fact. I recommend doing everything you can to keep decent grades -- this is a great piece of mind to have in case things go sour at the tables.

tc