View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: 25NL range query

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a big fan of 3betting this PF due to position. On the button I would 3bet but not in 1st position.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me I 3bet this preflop because I'm in such a crappy position. What I mean is that I don't want my opponents seeing the flop with anything less than premium holdings, the ideal result is that you take it down preflop, and that would be my intention when I raise. This a good spot to be raising because you are showing a lot of strength, and if you are called (or less likely reraised), then you have a good idea where you are in the hand (probably behind), and can proceed on the flop with a lot more information than if you play it like the OP.

To the OP, you are playing this hand far to passively. Personally I am reraising preflop, and definetely leading the flop, for information more than anything. Calling gives you nothing. Raising puts your opponents hand to the test, you are asking him how strong he really is, how far he's willing to go with his hand. You are showing strength, discouraging him from leading the turn and river - situations which may lead to you folding the best hand.

EDIT** Realise my post repeating what original says in his, he posted as I was typing my reply.