View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Sit \'N Go strategy-reviews?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there is a chapter devoted to buy-in differences in Part IV.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a single page (page 234) devoted to buy-in differences in Part Four. There, it states that the only thing that we can know for certain is that the $530 player wants to gamble for more money than the $11 player. The page goes on to say that the higher levels have a higher proportion of good players. This is close to being a tautology, and provides no useful information.

The differences encountered in moving up just one level, such as from the $22s to the $33s, have been discussed in great detail in the STT forum, and such discussions have even occasionally provided strategic information.

Again, my only point at this time is that this is not a book for beginning players.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, this is critical in whether I buy this book or not.

I am so tired of hearing SnG strategy, and then learning that it wouldn't work well at my buy in. Then, being told I'm stupid because I should have known to adjust. Adjust? Really? Don't you think I'd like to learn HOW to adjust?

It's quite true that SnGs have tightened up at lower levels. I think they have gotten a little easier (or I could be on a good run, who knows). I stay tight, but I raise with a lot of hands in late position, MOST DEFINITELY GET A CALLER, and when they don't hit, they check/fold to my flop bet. It's like players at lower levels are gold mines these days, but I wonder if people are still trying to play them the way they did a few years ago. Don't know.

Anyhow, Collin please address (at some point) how you teach people to truly adjust your advice for buy in level. This is something that is so overlooked.