View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: TV cooking contest shows

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW they show Ramsey's "Kitchen Nightmares" on BBC and it's a REALLY good show.

I know they are remaking it here in America, but I have a feeling they will play up Ramsey's abusive Hell's Kitchen schtik and try to make it a comedy. The British version is great because these are real chefs who are really in danger of running their restaurants into bankruptcy, and Chef Ramsey really seems like he wants to help them. Also the chefs have that uniquely British brand of stoicism and understatement about their plight (and in the face of Ramsey's abuse) that it makes for great tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

i just watched last nights & it's EASILY my fav hour of tv each week. i'm sure much of the credit for the turnaround is the word spreading that Ramsey & BBC are helping the restaurant - but even still - it's amazing watching what this guy does to a place. this is going to sound lame, but i go from laughing, to amazement, to choked up - when he takes some poor business & turns it into a money making machine for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

What day and hour is this on? Is there any way Americans can see it? We get a lot of channels, but no BBC. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Shame, because pretty much everything non-fiction BBC does is absolutely top notch and a welcome relief.