View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: TV cooking contest shows

[ QUOTE ]
Howie did not deserve to go when he made the unfinished dish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is wrong by definition.

[ QUOTE ]
He was not the worst. Would you rather eat half of a good dish or a whole terrible dish? Howie has made a couple stupid mistakes. But he's also shown a lot of talent and potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

Camille and Lia also BOTH won before, too. Howie has made a terrible dish before(the dry pork) and one dish that could have been an instant dismissal. As to what I would like in a meal, I'd like what I paid for. If I ordered surf and turf, or whatever, I expect both. Not a story.

[ QUOTE ]
Camille and Lia have never done anything interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

By awarding both of them top honors before, the judges disagree with you here.

By the way, what's with Howie and all the friggin' pork? If he could find a way to make pork popsicles, he'd probably do it. I don't see him as necessarily leading the way in creativity.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're giving way too much credit to Lia by saying that her salmon and polenta thing was just bland. This was a Latin-themed challenge, and she decides to make a strange terrible and uncreative dish that has no connection whatsoever to Latin cuisine. The thought of salmon+polenta makes me puke a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like salmon and I like polenta. She didn't do too well with spices, though, and that sounds like a more legit criticism. Hey, she screwed up. So did everybody on the show so far, including Howie for sure and multiple times. This was Camille's first time at the bottom. You've got others with multiple times at the bottom.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, the Indian girl sucked again, but you have to eliminate the worst each week, and she hasn't been the worst yet. It's only a matter of time though. She won't last much longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[ QUOTE ]
So far this season, I've agreed with the judges on every elimination decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering what's special about that Mohawk guy. Did he ever win a challenge? I wonder when he's gonna go.

Seems clear it's between the black dude and Hung for the final spots.