View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Playing overpairs.... 10NL interesting spot

Ok - this hand came up today and I think that a lot of players struggle playing overpairs.

I am running pretty LAGGish - about 30/20 over my short sample, villain appears to be quite nitty and a typical 2p2er sort of player. BTN is a bad shortie and I am about 85% sure he will go bust here with AT+ KT+ 22+ KQ, QJ+ TJ+ ....

How do you play QQ here, what do you put villain on... - is there any way of not going bust in this situation.... since the flop is inevitable - I am really looking at PF play.... do you play this any differently?

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $12.95
UTG: $10.65
CO: $12
BTN: $2.85
SB: $9.35

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.40</font>, BTN calls $0.40, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $4</font>, BTN calls $2.45 and is All-In, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($10.90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8.95 and is All-In</font>, CO calls $8 and is All-In

Just like to add - in this hand I am villain (CO) (I reversed the HH)