View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: 2008 Presidential Primaries

I think we're overlooking the wild card. A radical change in Iraq. A big suicide bomb, or even some kind of political rapprochment could change the dynamics. Iraq going well means McCain might make a comeback. If it goes poorly, look for RIchardson to become a contender. Hillary's campaign is BANKING on the status quo. She has zero cred with the zealous anti-war crowd. If corpses pile up, she will fall in the polls. If it goes well, she may get the nomination to face a tougher Republican challenge. Thats her weakness.
Another may be Obama's appeal on Feb 5th. I think his support is underpolled and a lot more democratic. He needs money less than any top tier challenger as he is getting committed volunteers reminiscient of Bush 00. Cant overstress the importance of a cheap national staff. Romney is paying thru the nose(albeit rich one) for his organization. No other Republican is poised for a major national push. Edwards has some troops out there, but he has a horrible message.

Im thinking FoF knows the Armageddon is coming. The 3rd Party move may be a shrewd push. Keep your electorate voting and inspired. Bash queers, gambling, and science at the same time as collecting coffer clings. This is the sort of thing blacks or the unions should have done in the 80s if they wanted input in the Democratic Party. They could elect Hillary, humble the National Republican Party, and call the shots for 3-4 cycles. Or, we could get lucky and their candidate could be a child molester, and FoF disband. But, I think they will run a candidate as they have lawyers, signatures, and an organized media machine. And, I think it may boost their standing. Sad.