View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Who banned Clarkmeister?

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, that makes zero sense. It's Mason's site and he clearly cares about what's on it. If he would rather not have certain content on his site and sacrifice a few ad bucks for that, that's his decision to make.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mason almost certainly doesn't visit most forums on this site, he trusts that Mat and Ryan will alert him to any concerns and otherwise lets them do their thing. The Clarkmeister thing, he probably views the TC forum because of his friends. Plus it's a generally polite forum.

If I owned a site and had trusted people working for me who managed around a hundred mods on the lookout for infractions, the last thing I'd be doing is micromanaging everything. You saying Mason delegating to others makes "zero sense" is invalidated by this fact. He should be doing this!

It may be ironic, but the best thing for Mason is to NOT know what goes on in some of the forums. Yet here we are, bringing it to his attention. Also:

[ QUOTE ]
How do you think changing standards of conduct are going to hurt the strat forums or the foreign language forums?

[/ QUOTE ]
Who cares? People aren't out of line in them anyway. It won't change them but it will impact the MORE POPULAR FORUMS.