View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Links LS and other golf sims

[ QUOTE ]
oT,

Heh, I know about that forum but golf sims are worthy of their own thread in this forum IMO. Did you know that at its peak Links LS was the best-selling sports title in PC history?

I bought one version of Jack Nicklaus, and was really impressed with some of the courses people made. The APCD (Arnold Palmer Course Designer) is supposed to be super hard to work with, else I - an obsessed golf course architect - would have tackled it a long time ago. No clue why they didn't make it more user-friendly, unless perhaps it's way more technically accurate than the Jack Nicklaus one so it's a matter of mastering it. I have heard good courses take upwards of 200 hours to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a short attention span LDO so I never got far along with the designer...even on TW2004 which is the last game that I bought. It just takes too much time.

Speaking of Arnold Palmer, there was an AP game for Sega Genesis that was ridiculously easy. The swing bar was fairly slow and graduated, so if you were going second and your opponent nearly made a hole-in-one, you were at least 50-50 to hole it out yourself.