View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Limit Holdem can only be profitable with high stakes vs. no limit ?

Hello all,

I didn't know where to post this, please explain my question:

Many have said that no limit holdem is more profitable then limit but also you will have much higher swings than in limit.

I found limit holdem to be a much better ring game than in no limit because you are playing with the odds in your favor so you win in the longrun and also if you suffer a bad beat or lose to margianl hand you don't lose much so its less risk less swings.

For me I prefer no limit holdem Sit&Go's at UltimateBet (so many fish) because I like playing aggresive since I can only lose my buyin and tournament chips and not real cash chips like in ring games.

So refering to my question I find that playing micro or small stakes Limit holdem will not really win enough cash for someone who wants to make it as a part time job.

Is it correct to say that if I really want to make some good real cash playing Limit holdem I have to play the medium/high stakes were you won't get that many chases to river and lose to bad beats less often? (get what I am saying, its almost impossible to win at the low stakes .25/.50 or 1/2 so many callers & chases)

Also I don't know so can someone tell me what is the average/good win rate playing Limit Holdem? (I think its BB/H not sure)

Thank you