View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: nl10 overpair vs resistance

[ QUOTE ]
I played passive preflop because I didnt want to build a huge pot yet oop against two people. I figured it would also disguise my hand well. Shold i have raise to like $1?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what your thinking, but you are incorrect. JJ is a good hand, too good to just set mine with. If I'm going to have to play this OOP I would really like it heads up and I want to have initiative on the flop. But mostly I raise so I can get value out of worse hands that will call. Hands like AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, and others that will call but basically be gone if they miss the flop.

Say, instead of calling you raised to 1.20 and you got one villain to call and everyone else folds, you cbet and he folds. You net 1.70 on the that play. If you played like you did but you raised the flop after he bet .50 and everyone folds. In this instance you only net $1.30. So yeah, you got an extra bet out of him, but so what. Plus Jacks are a hand I want to play fast, after the flop any A,K,orQ hitting really makes you have to slow down a bit and 12 out of the remaining 47 cards are A,K, or Q.