View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 07:50 AM

Default The Waiting Is Over....NYR in the Playoffs!

FINALLY!

It's been a long time since the 1996-1997 season, especially for a Ranger fan (being a Mets & Jets fan also doesn't help). This is a team that all the so called "experts" picked to finish at the bottom of the East (although the consensus at the time around these boards was that prediction was a joke, much like Darcy Tucker).

I can't believe I'm going to say this...but Glen Sather deserves alot of credit. He had a Marlins-esque firesale pre-strike and collected a bunch of draft picks. He smartly built the team around the league's best player, Jagr, by adding practically half the Czech national team. And then on top of that he brought in a coach who actually knows how to coach.

Going into the playoffs with Jagr & Company and having Lundqvist as the backstop excites me. Locking up the division and getting home-ice will be the key to any Rangers playoff run.

I'm not delusional, I'm not expecting a Stanley Cup (although that would be nice). The Rangers are a little bit banged up right now. The power play has done diddly-do lately and their record against the other 7 teams likely to make the playoffs isn't spectacular (15-12-6). But I'm still excited.

So...

Lets Go Rangers!

P.S.

Potvin Sucks!