Thread: donkey players
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: donkey players

Realistically, any tournament you win, you're gonna have to win a coinflip or two somewhere along the line. You lost yours this time. Get used to it.

But... you need to study hard and understand when your happy to get in a coinflip and when you should be avoiding them. Roughly, if you have 10BB or less, then flipping is not really objectionable at all. But if you're deeper, you shouldn't be anxious to get into them. (That said, don't be fearful of them either, like a lot of casual players are.)

[ QUOTE ]
other players have commented on me that i am a solid player and if i go into a hand and raise means that i have a pair or any of the top 20 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also note, whoever said this about you or thinks this about you, you should raise their blinds with all kinds of crap for a while and take advantage of it. Novice players fall way too in love with preflop play and think that just because someone is solid preflop means they are a good player. Well, being solid preflop is a step in the progression of a player, but you probably have many steps to go.