View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The freerolls are worth $50/week NOW, they were worth closer to $100/week earlier in the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

*Sighs*

This is just a plain lie. Fortunately, I did play most of the freerolls this year so I can set the record straight.

The first 50k I played was January 13th and it drew 727 players (I keep meticulous records). This tournament was worth $68.78. On February 3rd, the 50k drew 830 players for a value of $60.24. Last week the value slipped below $50 for the first time this year.

This tournament was never worth "closer to $100/week earlier this year".

[ QUOTE ]
An average of $70-$80/week for 2007 is a reasonably good ballpark guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This tournament has not been worth $70 at all this year. This is a horrible ballpark guess.

[ QUOTE ]
I hardly think it's worth debating this more, but it seems fairly clear to me that the few hundred SuperNovas who played in most of the freerolls (and determined their EV to be close to $4,000) would be quite disappointed to only be offered bonuses totalling < $1,000 in 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said before, I played in most of the freerolls. I played in them even though, frankly, I don't care at all for tournaments AND I hate having to sit at home in front of my computer on Saturday afternoons. I'd rather be out enjoying the day, but I don't want to give everybody else my EV. I'm willing to take less value to free up my Saturday and to keep me from having to sit through these silly things. And I don't think I'm in the minority. And I'm saying this even though YTD I've cashed >$1000 in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you win- I'm convinced your records are accurate and it was closer to $3,000 in EV not $4,000. (Minor point- I believe there was a stretch in July-August where there were <700 players but that doesn't change the overall figures much).

I will now be slightly less disappointed if Novas lose over $2,000 of freeroll value (instead of $3,000) if Stars switches to tiny monthly bonuses for 2008.