View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: \"The Game\" Book discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As for "The Game", the whole premise of these books is that women are more like prey/pack animals than thoughtful, aware, independent humans. I think that's pretty much borne out by the success of these techniques. Two of the things I despise about women is their mindless subordination to instilled social norms and overvaluing of their own feelings, and I think "The Game" is a hilarious expose of those facets of female nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that we quite often overvalue our feelings. I'm interested in this theory that women can be thought of as prey/pack animals. Aren't women as complex and varied as men? If you wouldn't mind, please give a couple specific examples of these "instilled social norms" you allude to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen a seductionist at work on a tough target? It's like domesticating a wild animal. First you kill their self esteem, and make them feel miserable. When they're sufficiently broken, you slowly draw them in with positive reinforcements (sprinkled with negative ones to keep them guessing and needy), and set frames which establish your dominance and superior will. Women falsely associate these positive experiences with you, and forget that you were the cause of them feeling miserable in the first place. They then gladly spread their legs for someone stronger who makes them feel good. It's classic behavioral training, and the responses are almost innate. Very similar to training creatures like horses and pack animals.

And it's a failsafe technique when done skilfully. No matter how sophisticated or varied, women fall for it. Here's a video of a famous pick up artist at work. This is no substitute for seeing it in real life, but you can see the classic techniques at work. :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZzjE...ed&search=

The social norms thing is hard to explain. I'll think about how to write what I mean.