View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread (SPOILERS)

best death: dobby
best moment: Harry gets [censored] for being shady with the goblin, and loses the sword.
biggest dissapointment: that rowling was really that obvious with the snape plot

the most important thing that was done with this book, was that it really was important to dumbledore's plan that Harry not know enough. it was pretty contrived, but it would have been terrible if I finished the book, and thought it would have all wrapped up better if Dumbledore had just been honest with Harry.

too many books in this series were ruined because people were not being honest when it was clear they should be, so I'd rather have some contrived writing than that mistake having been made with the whole climax.

I really enjoyed the real dumbledore backstory a lot.

at one point, I had started to build up hope that ginny was going to die, and the epilogue that was obviously going to happen would end up with Harry married to Luna. (did anyone else note the odd moment when Harry lists Luna in the people he loves, along with Hermoine, Ron, and Ginny?)

I would have preferred that, if harry doesn't die, that Neville have stolen the spotlight from killing voldemort in the end, somehow. it didn't really work with the whole plot of this final book, however.