View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Soriano joins 40/40 club

Boris,

LOL @ thinking his agent teaching him about hitting. Is this really a thought of yours? First off agents don't really know [censored], trust me on this and every crosschecker, director of player personnel, scouting director and even scout knows this. Agents are basically bad lawyers, they don't know baseball. Moving on.

Texas has been known to have guys either shine or not shine and the guys that don't do well here (I say here b/c I am in Dallas) always seem to move on and produce. There could be many reasons for this, happiness could be one, I dunno. The hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo doesn't mesh with everyone that comes through has been a big one, he has been viewed as either a guru or a moron, never in the middle. It was known that Soriano didn't work well with Rudy's style and approach to hitting. You never know Frank Robinson could have helped Soriano and his approach (he had probably forgotten more than anyone in that clubhouse knows), and I don't know who the hitting coach is either but you never know what he is learning every day that he wasn't getting with Texas. It is really easy to sit home and judge from behind a computer but just know that you have know clue what kind of work that man has put in to achieve the year that he has.