View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Re: (NL25) Extracting vs very bad player

[ QUOTE ]

I dont like your line and I think that leading this flop is standard. If this particular villain raises, you will have a very strong idea where you are at. You played this WAY too passively IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lately I've been experimenting with calling down TP-hands when OOP, especially if its the one in the last position that bets. The reason is that I often get in trouble in multiway pots when a villain just calls my flop bet and if an overcard or a draw hits on the turn, or even if it blanks I feel lost & confused since I don't want to throw away more money, but villain will often bet a worse hand if I check. Check-calling often makes (passive) villains check turn and I can take the pot on the river or check it down. I think this also makes it harder for thinking villains to steal from me, since they'll see that I can check made hands. This was one of the reasons I posted the hand, since I'd like to know what better players think of this.

That said I think in this case the results would have been the same if I had bet three streets for value.

He thought for a long time about my CRAI and finaly called with QJo, so I was ahead the whole time.