View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me

I may have missed the party on this one but I just wanted to say that I have owed money to and been owed money by kyle on many occasions over the last couple years and he is one of the few people that I never worry about not paying me. I do think it's important to pay bets on time--I just know that I personally have made mistakes on this kind of stuff before usually because of just being absent-minded or a little checked out. Kyle is a trustworthy person and myself and others have been involved in loans and business deals involving fairly significant amounts of money and I don't know anybody that would seriously question whether he would make right on a prop bet or a debt.

Kyle is an avid prop better and I've seen him take beatings on prop bets and never hesitate to pay in any way. He is an honorable gambler and I have no doubt the delay in payment here was done without malice.

The sale of the web sites and so forth is a major derailment. I don't have first hand knowledge of the transaction but I don't really see how a business deal falling through and a 7 day delay in paying a penny ante prop bet do anything but act as pathetically insufficient grounds for attacking a person's credit and trustworthiness, valuable assets in this world we live in.

Though I would need to defer to other's more qualified and wise then myself, I strongly suspect some of the statements published in this thread could form the foundation of a colorable tort claim in certain states.