View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: AQ in Re-raised pot

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the check behind like most posters seem to advocate, because to most thinking players it will look like you have something like you have.

If you bet this flop like you did, on such a cut and dry board I think many aggressive players would be tempted to take it away or test you. I think you can call this raise and proceed with caution, I think re-raising would be a mistake as most probably the only hand calling is one thats ahead, maybe the occasional crying call from a weaker ace.

Like someone else said you'll if you're betting this flop when you miss and checking when you hit, this will become pretty predictable. Also, a read would be very helpful here obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

What weaker aces can he legitimately have here?

I check this flop behind with like 90% of my range. I do it because I can still get value with KK-TT on the turn and river. I also can do this with my aces here, and my bluffs.

I don't see what betting accomplishes, it makes our decision tough on the flop because we're gonna take it down most times, but when he calls, we're gonna be blind on the turn. He's gonna fold to another barrel with his air/underpairs, we don't know what he has, and we're probably gonna check to him and be lost if he bets.

But, we can check (with intention to c/r) on the flop and bet the turn, and either c/c river, or bet the river. It somewhat makes our decision easier, but it also makes his decision a bit tougher when he holds JJ-KK and we bet the turn.