View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 12:35 PM

Default Why the hate on Godfather III?

I tried a search and I came up with a lot of posts that said it was overrated or terrible or a bad sequel, etc. However, no posts really delved into it....

I just got done watching it so I haven't had much time to really mull it over. Therefore maybe my mind is still molding on the subject, however....

This film seemed really good to me. Obviously it isn't as good as I or II (by far) but I still thought it was a really good movie in the context. I thought that it played on the life of Michael Corleone enough to be a very very good movie. I was engaged through nearly all of the 3 hour film and I thought it was executed very well. (You could almost take Godfather 3 and break it into two films itself...like the original two.)...Also, I found the mood of this movie to be awesome. It isn't quite as good at setting the dark tone as the first two, but it still does it better than most movies I have seen.

I've heard a lot of people devaluing it becuase of Coppola's acting alone, but I didn't find her role big enough to distract me at all. While the cousins' love thing was a little out there, I could believe it for the context of the film....

So I ask, why should I not be rating this movie 10/10 like I want to? (I rated the first two 10/10 but I admit they're more like 12/10 compared to this one)....

Sidenote (I watched all three films for the first time over yesterday and this morning...so I havne't had much reflection time)...