View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Poker Players Improving the World

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one is going to donate to an organization that is not recognized by the IRS. For one, they would not be able to deduct their contributions from their taxes. I'm sure you can think of the other reasons. In order to become a qualified charitable organization, it would require a ton of paperwork, time and money, too. You can't just simply start a site and solicit public donations. To do it right, you would need a board of directors, certificate of incorporation and be 501 approved.

Even if you were to somehow get this all done, you would be too small for people to bother. In other words, your organization would not be doing anything directly. People would get more bang for their buck, so to speak, by donating directly to the charity you would be collecting for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree, but it IS a nice thought. On the other hand...

HEY POKERSTARS, LISTEN UP!!!

It would be nice if PokerStars (and other sites) had a "account" (RedCross, Calif Fires, Katrina, etc) that you could transfer money too AND a "donate $20 to Red Cross" for 1,000 FPPs in their store. (Not just United States charities) I think enough people would do it so monthly/yearly donations would be large, ***public relations*** would be great, etc.

If I had a good night/ PS turned off my doom switch/ I sucked out really, really bad on an opponent; I'd ship them a few bucksFPPs every time it happened. Might get me in good graces with the Poker Gods. (It'd be really nice if PS matched donations.)

--------------Kitty

[/ QUOTE ]

i like that idea....They should set up users like "Red Cross" so that you can donate easily just making a transfer