View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: San Fransisco bans Plastic bags from Grocery stores

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not arguing that private business includes "only" violence, I am saying the believing in free markets does not mean that one has to accept "market" exchanges involving the sale of violence.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nobody was even having that discussion. I wasn't saying that if you believe in free markets that you have to accept "market" exchanges involving the sale of violence. I was saying that if you believe in completely free markets that you better accept that government distorts markets.

Somebody said they were not AC but wanted government completely out of private business. I pretty much said that you better go AC for that. I'm practically advertising for AC in the fact that they are the most consistent ideology I've heard for the goal of free markets, and you'd rather take issue with one of my dumb examples and turn me into an anti-free-market-jack-booted-thug. Take the murder thing out of there and reread the post in the context of every other post in the thread. Here', I'll fix my own post for ya:

[ QUOTE ]

See also every other law. No cars without seat belts? You're messing with Detroit's profit margin. No poker? What about my bankroll? No prostitution? But what will mosdef do when he needs money at a public rest area? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you're not an anarchist, then chances are you really do want to mess with private business to some degree. You just draw the line somewhere different than the folks of the fine city of San Francisco do.

[/ QUOTE ]
FMP