Thread: My Generation
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: My Generation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In the 60's and 70's, many parents wanted to kill or jail their kids or send them off to a war -- pretty much any war would have been good enough -- or at least do the same to someone else's. There was real intergenerational warfare and anger, and it was a terribly stupid and selfish way to live and think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why was there more intergenerational warfare during these decades? Did it have to do with the drug culture and the hippy attitudes or something? I guess to some degree I thought all generations had some intergenerational anger going.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hardly know what to say to this, but it fills me with dread that you would ask. Unfortunately, our history has been so ignored and whitewashed that it doesn't seem as out of place as I would hope. I'm not sure what I can say that is constructive and doesn't sound mean, and I like you very much Katy, so I'm just going to sit on your comment and questions for a while and hope that someone can find something constructive to say before I am forced to come up with something that tries not to alienate you but fails, or takes 45 paragraphs, or both. I like you too much to be mean, and don't know how to prescribe an entire program of reading and cultural awareness in response to a simple question.