View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: NL10 flushdraw+ weak onepair w/ 4-to-straight on board, oop

I’m a beginner who comes here looking for advice, so for God’s sake don’t take what I say seriously. I’m just saying what a dumb guy like me would do so that I can then see what the smart guys say later. [It’s way too easy to see what they say first and then think, ‘Hey I knew that!]

Well first I’d think all I’ve got is bottom pair (even if it is with great kicker), so I’m loosing to a lot more than a straight. And neither villain wanted to give up even in the face of a pot-sized bet, so with two of them having position on me I don’t want to commit as much as it would probably take to get rid of them both - even if they only have as much as top or middle pair, so my first thought's call.

Then, in the likely event of a raise well there are 9 outs to a flush, or 12 outs with the three Aces if two pair will be enough (except against A8. A9, AT) – so I’d probably take this risk (with implied odds) of calling a bet up to 1.00 from MP1 (with fold or call by MP2), but I’d fear being squeezed in the face of a call by MP1 and a raise by MP2 – so I’d fold to a raise of any more that 0.50 by MP2.

Hmmmmm. So on second thoughts, maybe a blocking bet of 0.50 may be worth a try. [Lets hop that someone who knows what they are talking about comes along soon [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ]