View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Discuss: Evaluating Internet Poker Tournaments

Great Chart. Lots of good information. How many hands dealt per hour did you use?

Since I used 70 per hour, I calculated the UB1 tourney for the first hour to use up 9.6%

The data I used to establish the 70 hands per hour was from some of my own play. I also used overall stats from pokertracker which i found on www.bonuswhores.com. All sites generate around 70 hands per hour (9 and 10 handed). This is probably due to individual speeds of the sites but it does equal out very well for comparison purposes.

I agree that the structure of the entire tournament is important. By focusing on the initial structure for the first few levels we can get a good indication of the speed. By evaluating the M at the start of the tournament and determining how the M will change if no chips are accumulated in the first few levels a good plan can be established.

For the Poker Tournament Evaluation System to be completely reliable the blinds need to escalate steadily. As far as I know this is the case at all major internet sites. The chart you produced proves this, Tournaments consuming a lower percentage of the chip stack in the first hour are also the ones with the lower percentage at the 6 hour point.

Dene Tribe