View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: An offer of coaching/mentoring

I play 10NL and have logged probably 200K hands and can't get to 25NL. It’s really quite embarrassing. I started as a limit player and switched to NL last year. I am committed to learning. I own about 30 poker books, I recently joined Cardrunners and I understand almost all of the poker concepts but my bankroll seems to hover between 150 and 300 on perpetuity.

In trying to have a consistent and coherent strategy, my studies have confused me. There are a lot of varying strategies. For example, Pokey says play loose from button, but Gelford says play ubernit. NLHTAP says usually limp SCs, suited aces and some big cards, but other sources say raise or fold as limping is a weak play for bad players. Many threads on 2+2 treat high spr overpairs like the nuts but PNL vol.1 says higher SPR = pot control and folding because you are not committed. Some people say to play mechanical and more tables because you are playing ABC at uNL, others say not to. The point is I know all the ingredients but can't seem to start cooking. My goal is to make it to 400NL and eek out a part time living. I think coaching from a player like you that had huge success at my limit and above will benefit me hugely. I honestly think there are probably only a few tweaks between my current results and success (small tweaks but big leaks). But I need someone to point them out and help me plug the leaks. Even if I am not chosen, I would like to commend you for your generous offer; Very cool indeed.