View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Fire Tony Kornheiser

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kornheiser is hilarious and tells it how it is. If you don't like him, you lack a sense of humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're begging the question here. Kornheiser is only "hilarious" to the sub-ape IQed folk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm not smart enough to understand what this means. You're too smart to laugh at certain things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just pointing out that his basis for "You lack a sense of humor" is that Kornheiser is "hilarious".

That is begging the question. Is he hilarious? Most with "a sense of humor" would probably say no. He can be funny, at times, but hilarious!? No way.

His "Schtick" tends to work on PTI, if that's what you really mean, but that is a far cry from him being hilarious on MNF. He's more like an uninformed, argumentative, over-opinionated in-law that everyone puts up with until he leaves.

[/ QUOTE ]Schtick is TK's calling card. As a native Washingtonian, I've had the pleasure over the years of reading his columns (sports and style) from the Post, listening to his radio show, and watching PTI. His sense of humor/persona tends to hit or miss (and when it misses, it grates on some people IMO).

Also, his sense of humor doesn't translate as well on TV where he has to censor himself and his thoughts much more than on print or radio. PTI works mostly due to the camaraderie and chemistry between him and Wilbon- which was generated over years of back and forth in Post columns and DC local sports TV shows (Redskins Report/Full Court Press). It's entertaining, which sometimes translates to funny when you factor in TK's schtick and the chemistry he has with Wilbon. Although he likes Jaws and Tirico, he doesn't have the chemistry or ability to be as entertaining on MNF as he is on other forms of media.

On a selfish and honest level, I won't be upset if he leaves the MNF booth- it means he can devote more time to the three other things he does very well.